If you are not redirected automatically, follow the link to Willy's

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blender Logo

This time, I decided to try somewhat more difficult polygon for my blender modeling.

Hence, I decided to use the blender logo and create that in 3D.
Source: http://www.blender.org/blenderorg/blender-foundation/logo/
By using the bézier curve tool, I traced the basic shape the of the logo, and extruded the shape.


The final outcome of the logo seems very nice and neat, however it looks like lighting needs some more work.


Hence, I tried to illuminate the environment. The results looks pretty good.


This time, instead of using an opaque surface as a material for my modeling, I decided to experiment more variety of materials by using the glass and glossy options.

Looking at the result, I personally like the opaque finish of the model, however the transparent glass effect modeling seems to have its unique visual effect.