If you are not redirected automatically, follow the link to Willy's

Friday, April 5, 2013

Chess

After following up few tutorials, I thought it will be a good practice to do something entirely by myself, instead of just learning from tutorials.
Therefore, today I tried to create a simple Chess pieces.

The image above is the source image which I used to help create my chess pieces.


Creating King Chess piece.




Bishop




It was extremely difficult to get the cut-out part of the bishop head (I don't even remember what and how I modeled the head). However, it was a good practice and experience to model an irregular shape.


Pawn



Queen








Rook



Horse


The horse took really, really long time to model due to its really complex shape of the head. (While I was modeling, it actually looked like a dog. So I had to remodel the horse piece more than 10 times to get the feeling of a horse).


Altogether


Final Result
I was actually very satisfied with the end result, (although there is certainly room for improvements - both in modeling and texturing). However, I think it is a good practice to model something completely by myself, without following up a tutorial.


Render Engine: Cycles Render