If you are not redirected automatically, follow the link to Willy's

Monday, April 29, 2013

2013 Chicago Autoshow

On February 13th, I had great opportunity to visit the 2013 Chicago Autoshow. The exhibition was absolutely fabulous, as I was able to learn so much from the design and aesthetics from the Design of the latest and also, vintage automobiles.


In the expo, there were so many beautiful automobiles displayed. As a person who is not specifically fond with automobiles, my perspective, in how to appreciate cars has completely changed.


First, the thing which caught my eyes were the vintage cars. Although they are vintage, they had 'class'.








And, after the display of vintage machines, here comes the modern automobiles.

























Now, there was one car (it was so unfortunate that it was a concept car) which absolutely stunned me. The car is shown below:






So sexy...


After that, I was able to see the 'business' automobiles. In terms of design, almost all the automobiles were very slick and streamlined.




























One of the other thing which caught my eyes were the car engine models. (I personally didn't really care about the Horsepower. Instead, I was amazed by the intricacy of the design and how sophisticated and beautiful this sculpture was.)


The way how all the machinery parts were interacting together was absolutely beautiful - so delicate and sophisticated. I realized that if somehow I am able to apply the aesthetics that is illustrated in these engines to my design, I will be able to achieve something very cool. (Or at least interesting)





As a conclusion, I never knew that 'automobiles' could have so much meaning in terms of design elements. All those streamlined monsters were absolutely gorgeous, and gave me some ideas about the minimalistic design.
In addition, I realized that when a product comes to design, it possesses a very interesting element called 'class'. Which means that the product gives an impression where when the user uses it, he or she feels special and unique compare to the others. This could be found in other design products as well, for example, Apple electronics.