If you are not redirected automatically, follow the link to Willy's

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sci-Fi Sculpture

After experiment with sci-fi object, the ball, I decided to experiment with Sculpture integrated with neon lighting.

I only had a basic idea for the shape for this work. So I decided to create and design the shape as I model.


I thought adding blue-ish light is a good colour for futuristic atmosphere.



Wow! Now it looks something more like it.
This time, I decided to work with different light setting with more objects.


Adding two composition together


The image above now seems more futuristic due to reflections and the lights.


For final touches, I used the Glare node for glowing effect

After creating the image above, I decided to experiment further. Therefore, I thought of creating some kind of futuristic engine or machinery.


Cool! It actually looks like an energy powered engine.

The Engine Works! So cool...


B-b-b-beam!

Now I started to use the blur nodes to underscore the light.




Oops, too much.



Actually, this effect looks cool too.




For final render, I tried to create more objects which makes the image look more futuristic. The result looks interesting but I think there is room for improvement as well.