If you are not redirected automatically, follow the link to Willy's

Monday, April 1, 2013

Smash an iPhone

With a huge help from tutorial by blenderguru.com, I tried to smash an iPhone, virtually.

The photo above shows the sketches and the reference iPhone model for my 3D modeling.



By adding a broken glass texture, the iPhone now has this broken glass texture.



Now, I tried to add the details for the iPhone.

Although the iPhone with broken glass looks cool enough, the tutorial allowed me to explore further in terms of expressing the broken and smashed phone.

Time to fiddle around with the iPhone.


In addition, I was able to get this scattered effect for the broken bits of iPhone using physics engine integrated with blender.


When I render the scattered image, it happens to turn out to be like this.

After modifying the lights and the scattered particles, I was able to achieve the image below:


The Result looks pretty good. No, actually very good. (I was actually satisfied at this point, however the tutorial seemed to kept going further and deeper. So I was wondering what else could be done here)


Keep following the tutorial, I started using the nodes (compositing nodes) in the blender render, I tried to go for the glowing and depth of field effect.


Blur experiment

Color Change.

Glowing Experiment



With the aid from the tutorial, I was able to achieve:

Final Result
This study was my first study to use compositing nodes (Blur, Glow etc) to give final touches to the end result. I never knew there were such options as compositing nodes, I find it really amazing as it enhances the quality of the final outcome immensely. 


Render Engine: Blender Render

(Tutorial help: blenderguru.com)